Two 39 year olds and one pampered pooch set off on an adventure that would change their lives. Little did we know that within 48 hours we would have:
- Discovered that our freezer didn’t work (thawing our precious supply of British bacon)
- Lost the skylight on the M25
- Had a sleepless night convinced we had killed someone on M25 with said skylight
- Made Dave (the motorhome) watertight with plastic from a carpet shop, ratchet straps and duct tape
- Realised that the world doesn’t stop at Calais – we can get Dave fixed anywhere
- Eaten out first tasty croissants!
After that start it was almost plain sailing! Still we now know that we can deal with anything that life throws at us – including Bucharest traffic in Friday rush hour!
I can’t believe how quickly time has gone by. If you are thinking of doing an trip like ours, then do, it was amazing and has totally changed our outlook on life.